Monday, October 13, 2008

Change your Perspective....photographic perspective that is!

Ever get tired of the same 'ol picture....Jane and Jack by the tree, Jane and Jack at the table, Jane and Jack smiling pretty. I think you get the gist. Well, try shaking it up a bit. Take photos from different angles and levels. Try taking some photos from either up high or down low. For example, take a family photo where the person taking the picture is up several steps so the photo is taken looking down on everyone looking up at the camera. Or, get down low to take photos of kids and pets. Try taking a picture in a mirror or reflection in a window - that can be tricky! :)

I recently bought a point and shoot camera that can go underwater. Let me tell you how much fun I had taking pictures in the pool on vacation! It is actually harder than it seems because it is hard to "see" what you are taking a picture of. I think Kodak makes some disposable underwater cameras...you should give it a try on your next vacation or getaway! So here are some examples of my underwater and "different" angle photos.

Here is my favorite picture! That's my dog Griffin, he is a Great Dane whose ears were never cropped. I always wanted to get a picture of those floppy ears!


Then there are the funny underwater shots:




So...don't be afraid to try some new angles. Get out there and start taking some photos!

No comments: